Hmm

My wife just asked me why the dog is in the last post.....


Can anyone really look at that picture and wonder why I put the dog in these?


Anyway, I have a container garden of peppers, used to have some tomatoes but they all died. Indiana is experiencing it's second year of blight since 1994, so almost all of my maters and about half of DD's are gone. No Green Zebras, no Mr. Stripeys, no Pineapple Tomatoes, just Black Plums, Rinaldos, German Johnsons, Whoppers, a few Pink Brandywines, and Golden Cherries.

My peppers were doing quite well, I lost my habanero peppers a while back, bad soil and I think not enough water. My California Goldens are doing really well, my scotch bonnets are doing well. But, my hottest peppers are my Bulgarian Carrot Peppers, which fell victim to a evil caterpillar 5 hours and the whole thing was gone. I have three leaves and 4 peppers left, so I'll hope to get at least the last ones out.

Oddest thing I realized, all our surviving peppers this year are orange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Jam - Citrus - Orange Lime Marmalade

Can Jam... Stoned Fruit

Carrots carrots carrots. February Can Jam.