Pears

The pears are here!!!  The pears are here!!!  Ok, I know, how can you get so excited about pears?  Pears are a common fruit.  But these are Korean Pears - these are the most beautiful Korean Pears I have ever seen.  I swear they are each the size of my head!  Well, maybe not quite that big but they are HUGE. 

Let me start at the beginning.  Last week, I found a recipe for canning Asian Pears.  They sound delicious so I really wanted to try them.  Now, Asian Pears can be quite expensive and a little hard to get this time of year.  They are in season and are a very popular gift around the holidays.  I was thinking all this through and trying to decide whether to make the investment and the hunt for really good ones. 

Fortune smiled on me.  My very close friend gave me a box!!  How lucky can you get?  She told me last week she was getting them for me and I have been chomping at the bit ever since.  Her husband picked them up for me yesterday and I got them today.  I think he is a little horrified I am going to can them but I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  I can't wait to put them in jars with a mix of spices - of course we will eat some out of hand but the majority will be canned in some form.  I'll let you know how it goes - and of course will give a jar to my benefactor!  I hope she loves them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Jam - Citrus - Orange Lime Marmalade

Can Jam... Stoned Fruit

Carrots carrots carrots. February Can Jam.