Liberal?

Someone says "I make my own yogurt and granola, and can fruits and vegetables from my own garden" and most of the people I know are expecting someone who has a liberal political leaning. I've read quite a few blogs lately that can't imagine someone wanting to do these things without being motivated by "liberal" causes.


I can't say that I've ever thought of myself as a liberal. Or a democrat, or a Greenie, or whatever you want to call it. I'm pretty conservative, in an old school small government kind of way. Libertarian if it wasn't just throwing my vote away, and if they'd stop coming up with ideas like privately owned and operated highways.

The appeal of living out in the middle of nowhere and producing 90% of what I consume is extremely appealing, but I have no idea why this appears to be a "liberal's" dream.

I think by forcing people to choose one camp or another we end up creating enemies out of friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Jam - Citrus - Orange Lime Marmalade

Can Jam... Stoned Fruit

Spice Rack Challenge - Citrus