New Years Day

The can jam has begun!!!! I am so darn excited I can hardly stand myself - and Woodman is probably tired of hearing about it already. I can't tell you how many times in the past week I have wondered aloud what it will be. I was prepped and ready to go and now the day has arrived. What pray tell am I so excited about - CITRUS! Yes, citrus is the name of the game and so many various recipes are floating through my head. I have oranges, tangerines, lemons, and limes in my house - dare I put them all together, surely not but we will see what I decide. I will be keeping you posted.

To get my domestic vibe going, I decided to make a couple other items this weekend. I have started with the Onions Pickled Pink found here - these are the greatest onions ever. Seriously, I think Tigress may be my new hero. I thought I would really like these onions, but no, I LOVE these things!!!! Woodman has provided pics below but let me tell you, these babies are delicious.

(Woodman here, due to issues with using two different editors to produce this post the pictures are kind of wonky, so they are behind the break)








The recipe called for 4 small to medium, I bought the smallest I could find at my local market but they are still pretty large so I only ended up using two of these.








Let the chopping begin. Ok, this part took a couple of minutes. This whole recipe took no time at all and the results are, well let's just say I will be doing this again, and again, and again. They keep in the fridge for about two weeks so every few weeks I will plan to start a new batch. I'm thinking at least once a month. The final results are beautiful - see below.







Comments

  1. That's my hand holding the jar in case anyone thinks my wife has a massive case of Man Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm yummy onions!
    Can't wait to see what you make for the CanJam!
    I still have to dig all my canning stuff out of the pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As time goes by, they get better. And I never would have thought of it on my own, but they are really kick ass with grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can Jam - Citrus - Orange Lime Marmalade

Can Jam... Stoned Fruit

Carrots carrots carrots. February Can Jam.